Monthly Archives: January 2014
Boat US Boat Insurance is a marine insurance program. It has supplied boat insurance coverage options for recreational boaters and their boats nationwide for over forty five years. There are low cost policies available for just about all boat types. This program is serviced by dedicated boat insurance experts. They are committed to exceptional policy service. They are also committed to experts claim handling that gets you back to boating as fast as possible.
BoatU.S. is one of the largest recreational boat insurance companies in the United States. They insure over $8 billion in insured hull value. BoatUS policies are now underwritten by National Liability & Fire Insurance Company which is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies. They have an A.M. Best Rating of A++.
Here are some of policies offered for a variety of boating lifestyles:
* Yacht – This is complete agreed value protection of your boat, gear, and motor. This is their flagship policy. Their Yacht policy is for just about all boat types, except for Personal Watercraft.
* Boat Saver – This is Basic Actual Cash Value protection of your boat. It is a lower premium.
* Angler – This is the best coverage for your gear and fishing boat. This selection of policies are specifically for the Avis Angler.
* Liability Plus – This policy is the lowest in cost. This policy option supplies the necessary liability coverage that you need. This is without the additional cost of hull coverage.
* PWC – This policy is for the safety of PWC owners. This covers jet powered crafts.
Here are the features all the policies consist of:
* Liability for dock contracts
* Uninsured boater protection
* Extra fuel liability
* Full salvage assistance
* 24/7 claims and dispatch of assistance
* Diminishing deductibles (similar to Progressive, deductibles are reduced by 25% each year you are claim free)
* Free subscriptions to the newsletter Seaworthy Damage Avoidance
* Named storm haul out coverage
* Acclaimed damage avoidance program
Here are some of the coverages that are add-ons to the Yacht policy:
* Watersports package – This actual cash coverage goes up to $5,000. This coverage is for your watersports equipment. This is one package. This includes automatic tournament coverage, increased medical payment limits, and more. It does not come with the PWC policy.
* Freezing and ice coverage – This is generally excluded. This allows claims for damages that result from freezing and ice. This is great for boaters in cold weather climates.
* Depreciation waiver – This policy allows for partial replacement or repairs without depreciation. This available for boats ten years and under.
* Personal effect coverage – This coverage is for non boating related equipment. This equipment includes fishing equipment, water skiing, stereo, or other sports equipment. It also covers clothing that is lost or damaged while on board.
* Lower electronics deductible – This is for boats with higher value. Purchase a lower deductible of $250 per incident. With this, you can evade a full policy deductible for claims related to navigational electronics.
* Lower dinghy deductible – This decreases your deductible to $100 for claims relating to damage, dinghy, or motor theft.
* Premier value package
Here are the coverages that are add-ons for the Boat Saver policy:
* Sporting equipment coverage
* Watersports package
Here are the types of boats that Boat US Boat Insurance will cover:
* Convertible fishing boat
* Center console
* Bay boat
* Bass boat
* Deck boat
* Cuddy cabin
* Express fisherman
* Dual console
* Downeast cruiser
* High performance boat
* Flats boat
* Fish n ski boat
* Multi species boat
* Jon boat
* Jet boat
* Inflatable boat
* PWC or personal watercraft
* Power catamaran
* Pontoon boat
* Pilothouse boat
* Ski and wakeboard boat
* Sedan bridge boat
* Rigid inflatable
* Utility boat